Have a new gamertag for your Xbox account if you don’t like the old one.
You will get a Gamertag When you first sign up for an Xbox account. The Gamertag is a kind of nickname or username. It represents you while you play and in the Xbox community. The Gamertag can’t be entered manually. While creating an Xbox account, Microsoft will give you random Gamertag. So the chances of you not liking the randomly generated Gamertag are higher. It is important that you change the Gamertag on xbox according to your convenience.
Gamertag is one of the highlights of your Xbox profile. In June 2019, Microsoft changed the Xbox Gamertag settings worldwide. In the new update, a lot of changes were made.
Ways to change the Xbox Gamertag
- Using the Xbox Console Companion app
- Using Xbox 360 consoles
- Using Xbox One consoles
How to change Gamertag on xbox online
If you face difficulty entering the new gamertag using the on-screen keyboard, you can use this method.
- Open the web browser you have on your PC.
- Go to social.xbox.com/changegamertag and sign in with your Xbox account if prompted.
- Enter the new gamertag in the specified area then click the Check Availability button.
- If that one is already taken, it will show you the gamertag with some numbers on your screen. Click the Change gamertag button. If you are not okay with it then click the back button.
- If you enter a unique gamertag, the numbers will not appear. Then, click the Change gamertag button.
- Just click the Change gamertag one more time on the confirmation screen.
- When it is changed you will get a success message on your screen.
You can also use this method on how to change the Xbox gamertag on iphones or how to change the Xbox gamertag on phones.
How to change your Gamertag on Xbox using Console Companion Xbox App
To change gamertag xbox app for computers and laptops, Xbox has its own application called the Xbox Console Companion. It’s available in the Microsoft store but requires Windows 10 operating system. Install the application on your PC,to make sure you have a Windows 10 operating system.
- Install Xbox Console Companion app on your Windows 10 PC.
- Sign in with your Xbox account.
- You can see Gamerpic icon at the top left of the screen Click on that.
- Then click on the Customize option in your profile.
- On the next screen, click the Change gamertag button
- Enter the gamertag you want and click the Check Availability button.
- If available, click Claim it. If not, please try again with another unique gamertag.
Note: This free option is only for the first time. If you are changing your gamertag for the second time then you will be auto directed to the payment option.
How to change your Gamertag using Xbox 360 consoles
- Go to the Social option and choose Login or Exit.
- Click on your profile and select the Settings option.
- Now, click on the Profile option to open your profile page.
- On the profile page, click the Edit profile option.
- On the next screen, click on the Gamertag option (1st option).
- The Gamertag switch window will appear. Click Enter the new gamertag to type the gamertag you want, or click Get Suggestion to get the automated gamertag from Microsoft.
- If you choose Enter New Gamertag, a screen with a keyboard will appear. Enter your new gamertag and click done.
- When you enter a gamertag that is already taken by someone, you will get the following screen. Click Try another gamertag to enter a unique one, or click Get Suggestions.
- When you type a gamertag that is not taken, you will get the following screen.
- Now, click the Yes, use this gamertag button to change the gamertag. If you want to edit it again, click No, use the button. When you choose a gamertag using the Get Suggestion option, you will go directly to this window.
- If you are sure about your new gamertag, click the Confirm change button in the confirmation window.
- When the process is successful, you will get the Congratulations! Click Continue to continue.
How to change Xbox Gamertag using Xbox One consoles
- Press the Xbox button to open the Profile tab.
- Now, click on Profile (Gamerpic) in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Next, click on your Profile to edit your profile.
- Three options will appear, choose the My Profile option.
- Your profile page will open. Choose the Customize profile on the right side of the screen
- Now, your existing gamertag will appear with an edit icon (pencil icon). Click on your gamertag to change it.
- On the next screen, some suggestions for the gamertag on xbox will appear. Click more for suggestions. Click make my own to specify the game tag you want.
- If you choose make my own, a screen with a keyboard will appear. Type the game tag you want and click the Enter button. If you see ”That name is not available. Try another” you will have to write a more unique one.
- When you finish choosing the gamertag, click Claim it. The changes will be saved and you can use your new gamertag.
Xbox error code 0x97e107df
Xbox error code 0x97e107df arises if user desire to commence a match on the xbox game console. The error exists once the xbox live application has trouble starting the game. Where permit affirmation has a crucial duty.
Many times a basic log out and re-login can end up being effective to fix the Xbox error code 0x97e107df. There are countless examples where a few Xbox issues had been settled by essentially re-login to the console. Re-login removes some cache files and recreates them when it is necessary
Xbox Gamertag features and limitations
- You can have your gamertag in 200 languages.
- If the gamertag is already taken, it will include # and numbers. For example, if MeganLeavey is already taken, you can choose MeganLeavey # 12.
- Your gamertag must have a maximum of 12 characters.
- If you choose any non-English character in your gamertag, it will display the English equivalent (ö for o).
- As of now, you cannot use emojis and special characters in your gamertag.
- If you want to change the gamertag, you can change it for free but only once. If you want to change the gamertag a second time, you must pay $ 9.99.
The Xbox app is available for Android and iOS smartphones, do you want to know how to change your gamertag on xbox app mobile? You cannot change xbox gamertag on app.
How to change my gamertag on xbox app for free a second time? You can’t. However, you have the option to create a new Microsoft account and choose the gamertag you want. But you will lose all your progress on the old account.
These are the different ways you can use to change the Xbox gamertag. Don’t forget that Xbox offers a free one-time gamertag change. When choosing your new gamertag, make sure you get it right. Check site
If you have any doubts about the above methods, please let us know in the comment section. Follow our Twitter and Facebook accounts for more related technical updates.
I will discuss further about how to change your name on xbox app, how to change your xbox name on mobile, how to change username on xbox app and how to change xbox name on app.